Tuesday, February 12, 2008

visual melody James Jean

Just love how James Jean finds a way of slipping playful subversions and running visual jokes into the nooks and crannies of his paintings and replaces impulse with symbolism. His works are characterized by technical facility with intelligence and emotional intensity. Although some may say he deals with 'traditional medium' he does not lack freshness, but has equal parts innovation and experimentation in the approach.

Fables is the name of the comic book for which James designs the cover. He does such a good job at doing that and was awarded with so many awards, I will have to copy/paste them all from wikipedia if I want to name them all. Eventually we can see his works at display in NY, 2009. Can't wait to feast my eyes !


1 comment:

JangSoonNation said...

Ye... I am nowadays being interested in narrative artwork. I also think it's fun field. anyway, her work is great!