Saturday, April 5, 2008

come correct


It is strange, how sometimes you still have expectations, even when you get older and you have built up your experience. Its always good when you face the reality :-)

Some bubbles were bursted at the graffiti show last Thursday at The Showroom Gallery. The gallery space consisted of two rooms: a bigger one where most of the artworks where exhibited and a smaller one, where Cope2 gave presents and his designers sneakers were exhibited. DJ played, there was good mood and people had fun waiting to meet the artists, take pictures or see the artwork. But what artwork was there to see? I questioned the purpose of the group show and the works seemed very anemic lacking the energy you get when you see a 'real' piece of all those graffiti writers! Maybe because I have seen their work on the streets, I was expecting more from the show. Maybe it was just meant to be nothing more than a good party, but strikingly that was not the only thing that left a bitter kind of feeling as leaving the show. I guess after a while some of the writers just stop doing pieces outside on the streets and get involved in another form of expression and I do not argue that at all. But it makes me sad seeing great writers conforming. Like the world isn't just gray enough.

Personally, for me the queen of the night was Claw. Some people never give up the fight! I admire her. You can still see her bombing NYC beside her designers work.

There is so much to do, so little time!!! (Oh, or as Banksy said , I will paraphrase: so much time so little to say :-))) Living in NY is pushing the tempo! I haven't posted much lately, but I'll keep it fresh in future.

Stay true and eat healthy!

No comments: